Your privacy is important to us. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information when you use this website or our services and you can be assured the data we collect and process will only be used in accordance with this policy and in compliance with EU standards and regulations. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available in our footer.
Grind Bet is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Grind Bet may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 1st 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to user surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails containing information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at contact [at] grindbet [dot] com. Please note: Grind Bet does reserve the right to send account-related e-mail communications to all active users.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small files containing letters and numbers, stored on your browser or computer. They are used to improve your experience while browsing our site. We use session cookies, as well as persistent cookies to perform various functions on the site. Session cookies are stored on your browser temporarily and are deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are saved to your computer, and used in order to remember you and your preferences when you return to the site.
When visiting our site, cookies are places on your device, by the site operator (first party cookies), as well as by other parties that collect data for various reasons such as marketing, performance, and tracking. These are called third party cookies.
There are 4 types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – required for the site to function, so switching them off would cause some parts of the site not to function. These cookies don’t store any personally identifiable information.
- Functional cookies – enable the site to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, such as language preferences.
- Performance cookies – allow us to measure activity on the site, see how our visitors are using it, and improve the way it works. An example of this cookie is Google Analytics (see more details below). All the information collected is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to the site and the links you follow on it. This is used to create more targeted advertising to match your interests, and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information.
First Party Cookies we set:
- Login related cookies – these cookies are used when you are logged in, so that we can remember this fact. This will prevent you from having to log in again every time you visit a new page. These cookies are deleted when you log out, so that restricted areas of the site will not be available when the user is not logged in.
- Site preferences cookies – we want to provide you with the best experience possible when using our site. In order to remember your preferences, we set cookies that enable us to access this information whenever you reach a section of the site that may be affected by your preferences.
Third party cookies:
It is possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies completely, or from a specific website. Keep in mind that disabling cookies can affect the functionality of this site.
All modern browsers allow you to adjust your cookie settings. This option is usually available from the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ tab in the browser menu.
For more detailed instructions on how to change your cookie settings, visit one of the following links:
Updating Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Updating Cookie settings in Firefox
Updating Cookie settings in Chrome
Updating Cookie settings in Safari
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.